Each year at Making Christ Known I try to lead the verses up to the crucifixion of Christ and then the resurrection from the grave. This Easter timeline helps to outline events of Passion Week leading up to that day.
Sunday through Wednesday Jesus spent each night in Bethany, just two miles east of Jerusalem on the opposite slope of the Mount of Olives.
He probably stayed at the home of Mary, Martha, and Lazarus.
Jesus spent Thursday night praying in the Garden of Gethsemane.
Friday and Saturday nights Jesus’ body lay in the garden tomb.
Story of Easter and Passion Week – Easter Timeline
- Triumphal Entry into Jerusalem
- Jesus clears the temple
- Jesus’ authority challenged in the temple
- Jesus teaches in stories and confronts the Jewish Leaders
- Greeks ask to see Jesus
- The Olivet Discourse
- Judas agrees to betray Jesus
- The Bible does not say what Jesus did on this day. He probably remained in Bethany with his disciples.
- The Last Supper
- Jesus speaks to the disciples in the upper room
- Jesus struggles in Gethsemane
- Jesus is betrayed and arrested
- Jesus is tried by Jewish and Roman authorities and disowned by Peter
- Jesus is crucified
- The resurrection and Easter – Amen!
If you would like to discover love and life-changing experience of Jesus Christ, please take a moment to go here and find more information.
** Quote from Live Application Study Bible: NIV – Verses and the Easter timeline are from Life Application Study Bible: New International Version. Credits for Easter timeline: From: Life Application Study Bible, NIV